In many ways Leigh J. McCloskey is a modern Renaissance Man. His interest, knowledge, study and learning ranges from art, music, history, religion, mythology, philo-Sophia and esotericism to string theory, quantum physics and the multidimensional nature of consciousness. He has deeply studied Hermeticism, Alchemy and Kabbalah and has hosted twice weekly philosophical salons at his home, Olandar, for over thirty years. He has written, illustrated and published six books. He lectures both nationally and internationally and has given numerous talks and presentations of his holographic art and visual philosophy. Leigh has contributed numerous essays on topics ranging from William Blake and the Heroic Imagination, the Archetypal Tarot & the Kabbalah, to Jacob Boehme and Theosophical Thought. Leigh’s art work toured with the ROLLING STONES and most recently with FLYING LOTUS for his album, Cosmogramma. He also continues to collaborate with other artists - film makers- musicians as well (see: What’s New below).
Leigh is also an accomplished actor whose professional career has spanned four decades. His life and works reveal remarkable artistry, vision and discipline and are a reminder that we are far more interesting than we have lead ourselves to believe. He founded Olandar Foundation for Emerging Renaissance (OFFER) as a seed idea meant to awaken our deepest knowing and to stimulate the emerging waters of imaginative renaissance & rebirth. Welcome Home.
Download Leigh's Professional Resume for a full list of published books, printed essays, publications, art and art collaborations, education, affiliation and acting credits.
- Take a look at and read a marvelous ezine called Sage to Science that features Leigh's art of the mythic feminine & his images from his book Adam Reborn & Eve Restored. All of the contributions are quite fascinating and relevant.
- In Notes on The Emerging Renaissance, Leigh looks at how each of us can embrace, embody and refuel a renaissance of consciousness and being.
- Make sure to read Pacifica Graduate Institute Clinical Letter Review of Leigh's recent seminar Psyche & Soul: The Psychodynamic Diagnosis of Personality Disorder given with Dr.Matthew Bennett at Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Watch this two minute video about Leigh's latest artwork collaboration with Flying Lotus' on his critically acclaimed album, COSMOGRAMMA.
- Enjoy this Wonderful Article about Leigh and his painted wonder-study, The Hieroglyph of the Human Soul (THOTHS) in the Nov / Dec Edition of Forth Magazine
- Video Archives *New* Links to a variety of video archives featuring
Leigh’s recent talk on the Alchemical Wedding of the Moon and Sun, his lecture
on the orbs, and videos that highlight his artwork
- Gallery Original Oil Paintings by Leigh J. McCloskey
- Story of the Orbs View incredible images caught on camera
- ROLLING STONES See Leigh's artwork on tour. Leigh's art was on stage for the ROLLING STONES Bigger Bang Tour. View Leigh's images used on The Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour from his Grimoire - (Book of Spells)
- Leigh's Lectures: See a schedule of Leigh's speaking engagements
- Adam Reborn & Eve Restore d: Pictures and Overview.
- The Hieroglyph of the Human Soul (THOTHS), 3D Tour: Visit Leigh's 3D Painted Wonder Study
- The Hieroglyph of the Human Soul (THOTHS): Pictures and Overview
- Visual Essays: View a complete listing of essays or select a cover page below
- Recently Published: Codex Tor - Book I (Parts I and II): Winter & Summer Solstice
Leigh spent 17 years creating an entirely original series of 22 drawings and text based upon his direct creative and archetypal journey into the heart of the major arcana of the Tarot.
His critically acclaimed first book,
ReVISIONed represents what might easily be considered one of the most profound, imaginative and creative inquiries into the mystery of the Tarot and its depths ever revealed.
My art is a tool I use to dig beneath the surface value or appearance of things and ideas. I use my painting to explore subjective realities upon which and from which objective or perceptual reality emerges.
Leigh's Artwork has just recently been on tour with the Rolling Stones. Take a look and see for yourself.
Leigh J. McCloskey studied acting at the prestigious Julliard School at Lincoln Center in New York City. When he returned to his home state of California he quickly moved into a professional acting career.